When It Comes To Debt Collection, You Have Rights.
Debt collectors often engage in a number of illegal and overly aggressive actions that significantly impact your quality of life.
Common Techniques From Debt Collectors
Some of the strategies that debt collectors use include:
- Being harassed, called at work or threatened with jail time by a debt collector
- Receiving calls on your cell phone from debt collectors without ever having given permission to call that number (a potential violation of federal law)
- Sued by a debt collection company
- Receiving letters with high late fees, interest and attorneys’ fees added
About Our Legal Team
At Santoni, Vocci & Ortega, LLC, we have more than 50 years of experience in defending consumers in Towson, Baltimore and beyond against debt collection suits and bringing claims against the debt collectors utilizing Maryland and federal law regarding debt collection practices.
Our consumer rights attorneys have each been named to Super Lawyers, a peer-nominated honor. We have recovered favorable settlements and awards for clients throughout the Baltimore area.
We have helped people who suffer harassment in the following types of cases:
- Residential leases
- Credit cards
- Automobile contracts
- Home improvement contracts
- Medical bills
- Bail bond contracts
These are just some of the many areas in which we have helped clients with debt collection issues.
End Debt Collection Harassment. Reach Out To Us Today.
You should not have to endure the harassment of debt collectors anymore. We will be glad to review your case confidentially. Reach out to us to schedule your initial consultation by calling 443-782-5596 or by sending us an email.